dinsdag 6 oktober 2009

Roc d'Azur, still


I surpassed myself today....

After arriving in Roquebrune last night and having to take the two bikes into my room for the hotel-night, I finaly arrived at my destination this morning. The two days in Le Gard were wonderfull. I went for a ride yesterday, managed to put in two hours with ease and found some very nice paths....my arms and legs are the silent witnesses of the thorns and other sharp branches Í've had to cut my way trough. Two hours of beautiful little ways to areas I didn't know existed close to home...and the houses I've seen in the middle of nowhere, with their swimming pools...It is one of the most accessible, exciting places to ride a mountainbike. I'm thoroughly impressed!


And then today. The morning was spent visiting friends....Can I call my surgeon and physio of the rehab centre friends? Heck, why not! It was so nice to see them again, be it for advise or just to have a coffee with them....It was good to see them.

The afternoon was spent preparing the bikes...and then....after lunch; THE RIDE.

I haven't been this tired after a ride in, well, years maybe. Although it was only two hours, and two hours on the Roc d'Azur tracks, I have emptied my muscles and lungs of every microgram of energy today....It is impressive.

The two dangerous downhill passages have been cleaned of any superflu and are spectacular. Where I walked part of the first one because it was too steep to get back on my bike, I managed to stay ON my bike for the second one with the runners in my pants. And I managed!

But the mental toughness one gets of rides like these, have not been in my training efforts, so today was one year of getting mentally tough in two hours.

Am I still making sense?


The cool beer afterwards dropped into my system like a tranquilizer and I know I will sleep well tonight!

Geen opmerkingen: