donderdag 27 december 2007

Specialized in sponsoring


I miss my bike.....that sounds odd like that. Well, I miss cycling, I miss tackling the hills and single tracks around Draguignan......I've celebrated Christmas in excellent style, about 4 days in a row with colleagues, my boyfriend and family, but I've had enough. I'm still in Amsterdam.
I wanna be on my bike, whether it's an hour on my Specialized just to shake-off the Christmas excesses, or whether it's a couple of hours on my road bike.....I need to ride!!
The picture is taken in Greoux-les -bains, which was my last free ride in November. Looks nice doesn't it those two Specialized bikes......Mine, the Epic, is the small silver one and the one in front is the Marathon of my boyfriend. Looks good this way we think and they're just excellent bikes for the terrain out there.
All I can do now is go to the gym and push weights. Although I take my off-season weight-training very seriously, to me it's an assignment I need to do. Progress is evident though. After the weight training sessions in spring to re-adjust the strenght in my right leg, so both legs would be balanced, these sessions are focused on pure strength. Power and explosive force is what I'm training for and the results are beginning to show.
The competitive season starts in March 2008 and my big goal is the World Championships for Masters in PraLoup in August. The one and only!
With the last days of the year to bridge, before returning to France, I'm also picking-up my search for sponsorship.
My employer finished my contract, the louzy bastard and I'm going to nominate them for worst employer of 2007 and 2008, so the funds will stop very soon, unless I decide to take legal action against him......just for kicks?
Anyway, sponsorship is what it will take to finish my Mountainbike training in France. I've been thinking of the Bever Zwerfsport chain in the Netherlands or the Icebreaker clothing company. For Icebreaker it could be perfect.....France is a big market.
Of course the KNWU partners could throw me a bone as well....It's also in their interest that the best qualified people are related to them and their activities....
It's a big world out there and my knowledge of how to attract sponsors is limited; who will help.
Enjoy the last days of 2007 while you can. Indulge, celebrate and ride wild...

Geen opmerkingen: