vrijdag 11 januari 2008

"It's Raining Again"......


I'm tough enough to hike and ride in the rain for days on end, if it is a means to an end.....that is, if it is the only thing to do to arrive at my destination.

But I am also whimp enough to stay indoors and get some exercises and alternative weighttraining done at home, when IT JUST DOESN'T STOP RAINING.

Last wednesday was my first day of student teaching/instructing at the BMX club here in Draguignan. Well, all I did was observe and ask questions and get to know the people at and of the club. It was long afternoon, because the track was wet and muddy and the kids complained it was too hard. Apart from that the sky was grey and heavy and in an area where you're used to the sun, this kind of weather presses heavy on the mind. Everybody was just a bit grumpy....

But hey.....I'm used to the grey skies and I did not pay it all that much attentions, I just watched these kids to see what sort of teaching they could use......the eye of the master, sort of speaking, to prepare myself for the months to come. The track here at Draguignan is tough; big tables, doubles and a line of whoops into the finish line. Quite attractive though and I would love to see Luca handle it and give a bit of a demonstration to these kids. I wonder what he'd say about it. Let's wait and see what the next months have in store for me. Looking forward to it.

Geen opmerkingen: