zondag 11 januari 2009

Specialized Safire

It ain't mine.....let's put that in front of anything else. It is a beautiful bike though!!
On a cold winter day with a stiff wind I decided to go for my first big ride since my knee surgery on the first of october 2008. It's not my kind of weather, but I have to re-begin my training some day, don't I.
So, this bike is on loan, from the job though, let's put that straight!! Don't know whether you knew, but I started at Specialized in December. I just wanted to see some bikes last week; I'd like to KNOW what I'm talking about on the phone to customers, but instead of just seeing and touching, I got one on loan. I could bring it home hahaha.
I'm not going to bore you with the specs....I'm testing and comparing with my old Epic, and after one long day I can't give any definites.....
It's sooo light though! In the background the skaters on the frozen ponds and lakes and in the foreground this beauty of a bike. The weight did make a difference during the final kilometers, when my legs hurt, my knee burned and the power had gone. There the difference was obvious. On any other bike I've had, I would have suffered those last 15 minutes, but now it felt difficult but souple. That's it for now. Happy riding, whereever you are.
I'll keep you informed.
Winter day

Geen opmerkingen: