dinsdag 22 april 2008

spring is in the air



Wind, rain, thunder and lightning....we've had it all this last week. For a couple of weeks the weather has not been what one expects. Although a bike ride is less fun, when the wind beats you from all sides, one still has to ride to remain in form and to improve our form. A three hours ride, feels much more than a beating in such conditions, than when the sun is shining and we stroll along to finish the 80km at hand.


Sure enough, we need the rain. The rivers are running low and we had already begun to water the plants and vegetable....in april. We do hope, however, that when this depression has passed, we will have some sun and nice temperatures to warm the body.

I went for a mountainbike ride yesterday. The first in 7 weeks. Man.....I simply cannot explain the joy and energy it gives me.....I took some precaution. My hand is more or less protected from the heavy shocks and of course I sometimes pay more attention to the pain than the rocks in front of me....ahum. It thrilled me. The legs are strong...it all feeeels good. Although my hand was strapped, I did ride my road bike. After a couple of weeks of sun I had two white lines across my fingers and after cutting-off my cast, my hand was all white and my thumb all tanned. Anyway, the cast is off, let the fun rebegin.

To show you that I do more than cycling, I would like to share with you the flowers in our garden. The colours and smells are amazing and this time of year remains the most beautiful. I could show you hundreds of photos like it, but it would just be much better to just come down here, see for yourself and enjoy the trails on your bike at the same time. I'm here to guide you along....of course.

Geen opmerkingen: